If you like layering necklaces but don't like how the chains twist and tangle, you might consider attaching your necklaces to this one layered necklace clasp to keep them from twisting together while wearing.
This is a two piece friction tube layering clasp, one piece slides into the other for closure. One piece of the layering clasp has loops and you fasten the clasps of your necklace chains to these loops. The other piece of the layering clasp has 3 spring ring clasps attached and you fasten the loop end of your chains to these spring ring clasps.
- approximate length measurement - just over 3/4" (22mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- 3 sterling silver spring ring clasps to attach to the loop end of necklace chains
- clasp closure - friction tube
- select a shiny silver clasp (shown) or an oxidized (antiqued) clasp at checkout
How to layer your necklaces using the layering clasp -
- select 3 chains of different lengths - shown here are top to bottom 16", 18", 20"
- lay necklaces flat (with charms on) - 7th photo
- it might be easier if you separate the layering tube clasp for the next steps - 5th and 6th photos
- attach your chain clasps to the loops on the layering clasp, shortest chain at the top, etc.
- attach the loops of your chains to the spring ring clasps on the layering clasp
- it's ready to wear ... simply slide the smaller tube into the larger tube to close the layering clasp - 6th photo
- note, open the layering clasp, hold one end and let it hang if things start to get a little discombobulated while putting it on. the first few times can be a bit tricky.
All chains and charms are sold separately.
Impressed with history!