SOHOV! Did you know that's a hunting call similar to TALLY HO? A medieval hare and crow under the call SOHOV wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
A rustic hare and a crow sit below the word SOHOV, written in Lombardic script. SOHOV or SOHOU, is a Latin word and was a hunting cry equivalent of the phrase TALLY HO or HARK AWAY that is used today.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a crow (crough) symbolizes a strategist in battle, one who is watchful for friends and enjoys a settled habitation and a quiet life.
The hare symbolizes one who enjoys a peaceable and retired life.
Hand cast from a small shield shaped bronze chessman type wax seal that dates to the 15th century.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!