This little gold figural left hand necklace pendant is holding an ouroboros split ring. Fun and whimsical jewelry.
The ouroboros, snake eating its own tail, is a split ring with a small overlap on the back side (see photo).
The necklace chain is slips through a tiny hole in top of the hand, and the chain shown fits easily through this tiny hole but if you don't order this chain with the necklace I recommend a chain with a loop size smaller than 2mm.
- hand measurement - 1"x just over 1/4" (25mm x 9mm)
- 3D solid sterling silver (.925) hand charm, full details all around, with a 14k gold vermeil
- ouroboros measurement - 3/4" (18mm)
- 3D solid sterling silver (.925) ouroboros, full details all around, with a 14k gold vermeil
- total length - almost 1 1/2" long (37mm)
- listing is for one hand holding ouroboros
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
- the hand holding an ouroboros is also available in oxidized sterling silver
- symbolism -
Hands were popular symbols in sentimental Victorian jewelry, often symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance and fidelity.
An ancient symbol, the ouroboros signifies infinity and the cycle of life and death.
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
Care: it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
Find more fun hand jewelry here.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry