Time flies so seize the day with an exquisite 14k gold winged hourglass within a crest shield wax seal necklace pendant ... meaningful and symbolic antique wax seal jewelry.
- description -
An hourglass with wings flies within the shape of an armorial crest shield... the wings of time.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the hourglass depicted with wings is a symbol that human existence is fleeting, and that the "sands of time" will run out for every human life.
The hourglass, or sandglass, has long been a device used to measure time with evidence dating back to the 8th century and in heraldry it symbolizes the flight of time and mortality. Time flies!
Hand cast from an art deco signet ring, which dates to 1924, and is shown in the photo but not available for sale.
- approximate measurement - almost 5/8” (15 x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - solid 14k yellow gold
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as current US dime
- chain - a 14k gold filled rolo chain with a lobster clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!