A special gift for a dear friend... a rustic medieval four leaf clover wax seal necklace pendant with a Latin legend that translates YOU HAVE A LOYAL FRIEND.
“A best friend is like a four leaf clover... hard to find and lucky to have!”
- description -
A four leaf clover quatrefoil with a thin line around it, surrounded by a Latin legend in Lombardic script, that begins with a star and continues to read LEL AMI AVETV and it translates YOU HAVE A LOYAL FRIEND.
The four leaf clover is a quatrefoil, which is a representation of a flower with four petals or a leaf with four leaflets.
- symbolism -
Legend has it that each leaf on a four leaf clover represents something different... the first is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love and the fourth is for luck.
In heraldry, the quatrefoil brings good tidings.
Hand cast from a Medieval bronze chessman type wax seal that dates back to the 1400’s, shown in the photo. It was unearthed in Norfolk, England after spending centuries in the ground.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!