A lucky find, a rustic medieval four leaf clover wax seal necklace pendant.
“A best friend is like a four leaf clover... hard to find and lucky to have!”
- description -
A four leaf clover quatrefoil is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that begins with a star and continues to read "IESVS ELDAO. IESVS translates to JESUS but I cannot yet find a translation for ELDAO.
The four leaf clover is a quatrefoil, which is a representation of a flower with four petals or a leaf with four leaflets.
- symbolism -
Legend has it that each leaf on a four leaf clover represents something different... the first is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love and the fourth is for luck.
In heraldry, the quatrefoil brings good tidings.
Hand cast from a Medieval bronze chessman type wax seal that dates back to the 1300 - 1400’s, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!