Send the message to follow your heart with a compass and a heart wax seal charms joined together to make this meaningful wax seal necklace ... an inspirational gift for the graduate.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams" ~ Henry David Thoreau
- description -
The compass rose is an ornate 16 pointed star, symbolic of the North Star, which historically has been used as an aid to navigation.
The tiny pierced heart is surrounded with a lovely scalloped border.
The charms are joined and suspended from a single sterling silver jump ring but if you'd like the charms to be on separate jump rings, so that they can also be worn separately, just let me know!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the compass rose symbolizes direction, guidance and navigation. The the heart is a symbol of love, charity and sincerity.
The compass is hand cast from a well worn vintage wax seal and the heart from a tiny Victorian fob wax seal (1837 - 1901).
- approximate measurement - compass 3/4” (21mm), heart 3/8” (10mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!