A classic motif, the rustic medieval fleur de lis wax seal necklace.
- description -
The fleur de lis is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, beginning with a small cross followed by S'IULANEU MAVVOIZIN
The S in the beginning suggests it's the personal "seal of" followed by the owners name and the town, region or profession of that owner.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the three leaves of the fleur de lis denote faith, wisdom and valor respectively. It is often used as a heraldic charge and appears on countless coat of arms.
Hand cast from a French pendant style medieval wax seal, that dates back to the 1300 - 1400's, shown in the 2nd photo.
- approximate measurement - 1” (25mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!