Spread your wings with this powerful eagle wax seal necklace pendant, symbolizing strength, bravery and protection.
- description -
The eagle wax seal necklace charm depicts an eagle displayed, or spread eagle, within an armorial shield. The eagle is wearing a small crown. Historically, the eagle is thought to be the bird to fly closest to heaven. Above the helmet is another smaller eagle displayed wearing a crown.
- symbolism -
The eagle is regarded as the king of birds and often used in heraldry.
It symbolizes strength, bravery and alertness and also one who is high spirited, ingenious and quick witted.
When the wings are displayed, as they are here, it signifies protection.
In heraldry, the crown symbolizes royal authority and prestige.
Hand cast from an antique European desk seal that dates back to the mid 1800’s, its matrix shown in a photo.
- approximate measurement - 1” (25mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!