I've been a miner for a heart of gold... that is Cupid's message on this wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
Cupid is mining hearts with his pick axe, extracting the most faithful heart from the rock.
- symbolism -
In classical mythology, Cupid is the god of love, attraction and affection.
Hand cast from a little silver fob wax seal that dates back to the 18th century. See the photo of the fob seal.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" x 5/8" (14mm by 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!