Wear your adventurous spirit with a small bronze compass rose wax seal necklace pendant. Almost gone!
“Not all who wander are lost” ~ JRR Tolkein
- description -
The compass rose is an ornate 16 pointed star, symbolic of the North Star, which historically has been used as an aid to navigation, since it seemingly never moves.
The lines of the compass rose point to the four cardinal directions of north, south, east and west, as well as the graduated directions in between.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the compass rose symbolizes direction, guidance and navigation.
Hand cast from a portion of a vintage compass wax seal.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (12 mm)
- wax seal charm metal - bronze
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - antiqued brass rolo chain or satellite chain with a spring ring or lobster clasp
- select the necklace chain style and length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!