Celebrate a friendship with a wonderful medieval clasped hands wax seal necklace pendant - you have a loyal friend.
- description -
Two clasped hands sit below a small quatrefoil surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that begins with a six pointed star and reads PRIVESV or PRIVESU which translates I AM PRIVATE and was used as a privy seal to close and authenticate that a letter is private and if the seal arrives broken the letter has been read.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the joined clasped hands represent union and alliance.
Hands joined in faith or hands joined in loyalty are also called MANI IN FEDE in Italian, which translates literally HANDS IN FAITH.
The quatrefoil, or primrose, is a four petaled flower and brings good tidings.
Hand cast from a small round bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 14th - 15th century, that I've shown in a photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!