In high aims, an inspiring Scottish wax seal necklace pendant depicting an armorial castle tower sitting above a crest shield and the Latin motto IN ARDUA TENDIT meaning IN HIGH AIMS or HE WHO HAS ATTEMPTED DIFFICULT THINGS.
- description -
The Scottish armorial castle tower sits above a Saint Andrews Cross shield that it divides into four sections with a stag head in each. Under the shield is a banner with the Latin motto IN ARDUA TENDIT which means HE HAS ATTEMPTED DIFFICULT THINGS. This is the Malcolm family motto.
- symbolism -
In heraldry castles symbolize spiritual power and vigilance on the watch as well as home, safety and protection.
The Saint Andrews Cross symbolizes resolution and persuasion.
A stag symbolizes one who is skillful but will not fight unless seriously provoked, a symbol of peace and harmony.
Hand cast from a antique armorial desk wax seal that dates back to the late 18th century.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x 7/8" (20mm x 22mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!