With hope, a cabled anchor wax seal necklace pendant, the anchor sitting above the French sentiment motto ESPERANCE which translates HOPE.
"A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope" ~ Epictetus.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope, salvation and steadfastness.
Hand cast from a fabulous French Victorian (1837 - 1901) antique watch key wax seal. You must see the photo of the beautiful seal, but it is not for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x 5/8" (18mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains are available here.
Impressed with history!