A lighthouse wax seal necklace pendant, a mariners symbol of hope as it gives the signal warning in a time of danger.
- description -
A lighthouse on the dangerous shoals warning the ship, in rough water, that there is danger ahead.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lighthouse or beacon is symbolic of one who is watchful, who gave the signal in time of danger.
The lighthouse is an aid to navigation and represents danger, risk, adversity, challenge and vigilance. It represents the way forward and help in navigating our way through rough waters whatever those “rough waters” might be.
Hand cast from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) watch fob wax seal, shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” x 3/4" (18mm x 19mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!