A lighthouse wax seal necklace pendant, a mariners symbol of hope as it gives the signal warning in a time of danger.
- description -
A lighthouse on the dangerous shoals warning the ship, in rough water, that there is danger ahead.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lighthouse or beacon symbolizes one who is watchful, who gave the signal in time of danger.
The lighthouse is an aid to navigation and represents danger, risk, adversity, challenge and vigilance. It symbolizes the way forward and help in navigating our way through rough waters whatever those “rough waters” might be.
Hand cast from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) watch fob wax seal, shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4"” x 3/4" (18mm x 19mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!