Need a hand? Here's a fabulous figural left hand necklace pendant in a gold vermeil. Fun and whimsical jewelry.
The necklace chain threads through the top of the hand.
The chain shown fits easily through the tiny hole at the top but if you don't order with this chain, I would recommend a chain with a loop size smaller than 2mm.
- hand measurement - 1" x just over 1/4" (25mm x 9mm)
- hand metal - 3D solid sterling silver (.925 silver) full details all around with a 14k gold vermeil
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
- symbolism -
Hands were popular symbols in sentimental Victorian jewelry, often symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance and fidelity.
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
The left hand necklace, shown in some photos, is also available in sterling silver.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry