Need a hand? Catch and hold your wax seal necklace charms with a sterling silver hand holding a swivel fob wax seal charm catcher holder, reminiscent of the Georgian and Victorian Eras when both ladies and gentlemen would clasp their fobs, watches, charms and wax seals to a fob swivel that was attached to a short chain attached to a vest or waist coat, the swivel used to keep the chain from twisting so it would lie flat.
- description -
A solid sterling silver hand is pinching a lightly oxidized and brushed swivel fob that opens to clasp one to three wax seal charms. The necklace chain threads through the top of the solid sterling silver hand, with a detailed front and back - see the photos.
The chain shown fits easily through the hole at the top - it's an oxidized cable chain with a spring ring clasp. If you prefer a shiny, not oxidized, chain please leave a note at checkout.
If you don't order with this chain, I would recommend a chain with a loop size 2mm or smaller.
The swivel fob holder opens by pushing the pivot near the base/swivel part of the charm.
- hand approximate measurement - 1"x just over 1/4"(25mm x 9mm)
- swivel fob approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1/4" (23mm x 8mm)
- total charm holder approximate measurement - 1 3/4" long (42mm)
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- listing is for one hand swivel fob charm catcher
- the dragon wax seal charm is sold separately
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
Impressed with history!