This little left hand necklace pendant is holding an ouroboros split ring. Wonderful just as it is or put it to work holding your wax seal necklace charms as a charm holder. Fun and whimsical jewelry.
The ouroboros, snake eating its own tail, is a split ring with a small overlap on the back side (see photo) and the charms slip through this overlap.
The necklace chain threads through the top of the hand, and the chain shown fits easily through the tiny hole at the top but if you don't order with this chain, I would recommend a chain with a loop size smaller than 2mm.
- hand measurement - 1"x just over 1/4" (25mm x 9mm)
- 3D solid sterling silver (.925) hand charm, full details all around
- the hand is shown lightly brushed but send a note if you prefer shiny (photos 8 & 9)
- ouroboros measurement - 3/4" (18mm)
- 3D solid sterling silver (.925) ouroboros, full details all around
- total charm holder length - almost 1 1/2" long (37mm)
- listing is for one hand holding ouroboros
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
- the tiny skull wax seal charm is sold separately
- symbolism -
Hands were popular symbols in sentimental Victorian jewelry, often symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance and fidelity.
An ancient symbol, the ouroboros signifies infinity and the cycle of life and death.
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry