Eternally yours, a harmonious skull wax seal ring, with two of everything - two hearts, two skeleton keys, two lovebirds, two padlocks and two sets of initials... the many symbols seem to tell the story of commitment ... Til death us do part. I am yours while life endures.
- symbolism -
At the top are the letters ISZ 3 MES which I presume are the initials for those whom it was first intended.
In heraldry, the hearts symbolize love, charity and sincerity and the chains binding the hearts together often symbolize “separated but not disunited.”
The plants growing from the hearts might symbolize fertility.
The skull is a symbol of mortality, a reminder that life is short.
The intersecting skeleton keys are symbolic of authority and sentiment, since love has the power of unlocking and opening up the heart.
The lock, or padlock represents guardianship and dominion, security and protection.
The two birds are love birds holding rings in their beaks.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” by 3/4" (22mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- ring band - sterling silver flat wire band 3/32" wide (2mm wide)
- select US ring size from the drop down box
Hand crafted from an 18th century wax seal fob.
Impressed with history!