The symbol of hope... an anchor and ship wax seal necklace pendant.
"A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope" ~ Greek philosopher Epictetus
- description -
Under the word HOPE is the sun shining upon a bird perched on a cabled anchor that leans against a rock and in the background is a ship on the water.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope. In stormy weather, the anchor was often the seaman’s last resort. It remains firm and steady amidst stormy waters so represents a stability in us in the storms of life!
Hand cast from an antique Victorian fob wax seal that dates back to 1875.
- approximate measurement - 7/8" x 11/8” wide (21mm x 30mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!