Soul mates... a skull wax seal cuff bracelet in sterling silver, nice and simple memento mori.
Wear it backwards with the two skulls opening on top of your wrist.
You could leave life right now... let that determine what you do and say and think ~ Aurelius
- description -
Two small skulls, hand cast from the center of an antique wax seal, flank either end of this round wire cuff bracelet.
The full size wax seal from which the skulls are cast depicts a skull surrounded by the Latin words ES FUI SUM ERIS translated YOU ARE AS I HAVE BEEN, YOU WILL BE AS I AM.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull symbolizes mortality. Make now matter.
Hand cast from a portion of an antique gemstone wheel wax seal that dates back to the Georgian Era (1714 - 1830). See the last picture for the wheel seal.
- approximate wax seal measurement - 1/4" (7-8mm)
- bracelet metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- cuff bracelet inside diameter 2 3/16" (55mm) across
- cuff opening - 1" (26mm)
- cuff wire thickness - 4/32" (4mm)
- photographed with an old US dime which is the same size as a current dime
Impressed with history!