BEE QUICK with this tiny bee wax seal necklace pendant depicting a little bee flying above the word VITE, the French word VITE translates QUICK... bee quick or be quick!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the bee is symbolic of one who is industrious, hardworking and loyal.
Hand cast from a small ornate Victorian wheel wax seal (1837 - 1901). It has six arms and each arm of the seal has a three sided rotating seal and this is a lovely example of a rebus seal, when both words and pictures create the sentiment.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" x 3/8" (13mm x 11mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!