You hold things firm and steady wearing an anchor wax seal necklace pendant with the motto ANCHOR FAST ANCHOR, Gray family wax seal jewelry.
- description -
The anchor sits above the letters GG, monogrammed with the initials for whom it was first intended, presumably belonging to George Gray of Scotland, and sits below the motto ANCHOR FAST ANCHOR which means to hold things firm and steady.
Since I am a Gray, I would love to know everything about this beautiful wax seal but information is hard to find... fellow Gray's, please share if you know more!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of hope.
Hand cast from a beautiful, large antique fob wax seal that dates back to the 1700’s or possibly earlier. See the photo of the fob.
- approximate measurement - 1" x 7/8" (25mm x 22mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as a current dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!