A meaningful skull wax seal ring with Latin sentiment OMNIA VANITAS which translate ALL IS VANITY. The word VANITAS is Latin and means emptiness, worthlessness and unreality. It's describing the meaninglessness of earthly life and the transient nature of all things.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x just under 3/4" (20mm x 18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- ring band - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- flat band approximately 1/4" wide (6mm wide)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
Hand crafted from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) multiple glass wax seal set displayed in a lovely red leather case.
Available as a necklace, too!
Impressed with history!