A woman leaning on hope wax seal necklace pendant, as she leans on a large anchor. Faith leaning on hope.
- description -
A woman in a flowing gown leans on a large anchor, consoled by hope.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope, salvation and stability.
Hand cast from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) watch fob wax seal, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4"” x 5/8" (20mm x 16mm)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as a current dime.
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!
Quite possibly, this antique wax seal was modeled after this intaglio print.