Make a little splash with a tiny silver mermaid necklace pendant.
"I must be a mermaid ... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ Anais Nin
- description -
The mermaid is a mythical aquatic sea creature with the head and torso of a woman and the tail of a fish. Mermaid is a compound of the old English words MERE, meaning sea and MAID, meaning woman. This little mermaid floats in the center of the charm.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the mermaid symbolizes eloquence, enchantment and mystery.
Hand cast from a portion of a larger antique armorial desk wax seal that dates back to the 1700 - 1800's.
- approximate measurement - 3/8” (10mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!