A beautiful sentiment surrounds this tiny star wax seal necklace pendant - watch over the one I love - thoughtful and meaningful antique wax seal jewelry.
Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars ...
- description -
A tiny single star surrounded by the French words VEILLE SUR CE QUE J'AIME which translate IT WATCHES OVER MY BELOVED or WATCH OVER SUCH AS I LOVE.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a star is the symbol of guidance, truth, spirit and hope. It also represents constancy and celestial goodness.
Hand cast from a French restoration multiple wax seal set that dates back to 1827 (It was patented in France between January 1 - March 31, 1827). See the photo for a few of the lovely French wax seals included in the little case.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (14mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as a current dime.
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Find the crescent moon necklace charm, shown in the last photo, here.
Impressed with history!