Hail the mighty owl with a wonderful medieval owl wax seal necklace pendant, stepping back in time with medieval wax seal jewelry.
- description -
The owl is striding to the right with a star above and it's surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that begins with a star and reads HEILOVLEHEIL which translates HAIL OWL HAIL or ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY OWL.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the owl is the emblem of prudence and wisdom, representing one who is vigilant and of acute wit.
The owl, also known as the bird of night, was viewed by many Medieval and earlier cultures as a mysterious creature possessing supernatural powers and having important spiritual significance.
Hand cast from a small round bronze chessman type seal that dates to the 13th - 14th century.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” (18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!