I'm intrigued by this wonderful wax seal necklace depicting a family crest shield, with a skull and crossbones, a flower and a heart filled with arrows wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
An ornate family crest coat of arms shield, within which is a flower occupying one half of the shield and the other half is divided with a skull and crossbones at the top and a heart filled with six arrows at the bottom. Above the shield is a helmet and it appears that the face plate is heart shaped. The helmet is also filled with six arrows.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull and crossed bones symbolize mortality. Make now matter.
The flower symbolizes hope and joy.
The heart represents charity and sincerity.
The arrows symbolize readiness.
Hand cast from a European family crest desk wax seal that dates back to 1890.
- approximate measurement - almost 7/8" (24mm x 20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!