A wax seal necklace pendant with a lone sailor in a little sailboat, navigating tough conditions, guided by the north star, the polar star, under the Italian sentiment SE TI PERDO SON PERDUTA which translates IF I LOSE YOU I AM LOST
Note, the words are small and challenging to read.
- symbolism -
Polaris, the polar or north star, is the brightest star and historically has been used as an aid to navigation, since it seemingly never moves.
Hand cast from a seal from an antique French wax seal set, which dates back to 1819 - 1838.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” x just over 5/8" (16mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!