Brighten your day with a fine silver radiant sun wax seal necklace pendant.
The sun in its splendor, or glory, sits above a wreath with its typical six twists above a banner within which is the French word J’AVANCE which translates I ADVANCE
“Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” ~ Kahlil Gibran
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the sun symbolizes glory and splendor and the fountain of life.
Hand cast from a Victorian era, 1860 - 1890, French intaglio ring.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (12mm x 13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the chain length or the charm only at checkout.
Find more chains here.
A little tidbit of historical information - it is not improbable that some families have adopted the sun on their coat of arms because of the play on the name... those surnames ending in SON or SEN, for example; Thompson, Johnson, Benson, Pearson, Carlson.
This sort of last name is a patronymic, a surname formed by adding SON to one’s father’s name, and it means SON OF so John Carlson, for example, was John, the son of Carl.
Impressed with history!
PS... the ring is not included.