Guided by the sun and always moving forward wearing a radiant sun wax seal necklace pendant, a positive reminder for yourself or a lovely inspirational gift!
- description -
The sun in its splendor is surrounded by the French words JE NE RECULE JAMAIS which translate I NEVER BACK DOWN ... I continue to be positive and move forward.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the sun is symbolic of glory and splendor and the fountain of life.
Hand cast from an 19th century French multiple wax seal set. See the photo for a few of the lovely French wax seals included in the little case.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (19mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
A little tidbit of historical information - it is not improbable that some families have adopted the sun on their coat of arms because of the play on the name... those surnames ending in SON or SEN, for example; Thompson, Johnson, Benson, Pearson, Carlson.
This sort of last name is a patronymic, a surname formed by adding SON to one’s father’s name, and it means SON OF so John Carlson, for example, was John, the son of Carl.
Impressed with history!