Ode to Ireland... a shamrock wax seal necklace, surrounded by the Gaelic words ERIN GO BRAGH which translates to IRELAND FOREVER!
- description -
The shamrock, a three leafed clover, is the flower or badge of Ireland and often represents St. Patrick's day. Legend says that each leaf of the clover has meaning: the first is for hope, the second for faith and the third for love.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the shamrock is symbolic of perpetuity... lasting forever or a very long time!
Hand cast from an antique Victorian trinket wheel wax seal, which dates back to 1837 - 1901.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
- find more chains and charm holders here.
Impressed with history!