A classic motif symbolizing perfection, light, and life... the antique fleur de lis wax seal necklace pendant. Classic wax seal jewelry.
- description -
A stylized lily design. In French, fleur means flower and lis means lily.
- symbolism -
The fleur de dis was a symbol French royalty. In heraldry, the three leaves of the fleur de lis denote faith, wisdom and valor respectively. It is often used as a heraldic charge and appears on countless coat of arms.
Hand cast from an ornate antique desk wax seal that is shown in the photos.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” (18 mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!