A classic motif, the rustic medieval fleur de lis wax seal necklace.
- description -
The fleur de lis is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, beginning with a small cross followed by S'IULANEU MAVVOIZIN
The S in the beginning suggests it's the personal "seal of" followed by the owners name and the town, region or profession of that owner.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the three leaves of the fleur de lis denote faith, wisdom and valor respectively. It is often used as a heraldic charge and appears on countless coat of arms.
Hand cast from a French pendant style medieval wax seal, that dates back to the 1300 - 1400's, shown in the 2nd photo.
- approximate measurement - almost 1” (24mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!