An adorable little dog carrying a basket wax seal necklace pendant - loyalty! Above the dog is the French word fidélité which translates loyalty.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, dogs symbolize loyalty, fidelity, vigilance and courage.
Hand cast from a small antique fob wax seal, dating back to the Victorian era (1837 - 1901), that you can see in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" (16mm by 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!