An exquisitely detailed medieval cross wax seal necklace, the cross symbolizing faith and also a positive affirmation.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” ~
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- description -
The little cross, with arms of equal length, is formed with little beaded dots and it sits in the center of a domed circle with a beaded border. It is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that reads NVLLVM IALE which translates NO BE NAMED which would suggest that the sender does not want to be identified by name in the message being sent... an anonymous letter.
It could be a solar cross, which would be the oldest religious symbol in the world. Other names for this equilateral cross within a circle are sun cross and wheel cross. It's a symbol that celebrates the turning wheel of the year.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the cross is a symbol of faith.
Hand cast from a 13th - 14th century bronze Chessman type wax seal.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as a current dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!