Need a hand? Here's a fabulous left hand holding a swivel fob dog clip necklace pendant.
The swivel fob dog clip can hold one to three wax seal charms and opens by pushing the pivot near the base/swivel part of the charm.
The necklace chain threads through the top of the hand, and the chain shown fits easily through the tiny hole at the top but if you don't order with this chain, I would recommend a chain with a loop size smaller than 2mm.
- approximate hand measurement - 1" x just over 1/4" (25mm x 9mm)
- 3D solid sterling silver hand charm, full details all around, lightly brushed
- swivel dog clip approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1/4" (23mm x 8mm)
- total charm holder approximate measurement - 1 3/4" long (42mm)
- dog clip metal - sterling silver (.925 silver), oxidized and lightly brushed
- listing is for one hand swivel fob charm catcher
- the dragon wax seal charm is sold separately
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
- symbolism -
Hands were popular symbols in sentimental Victorian jewellery/jewelry, often symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance and fidelity.
The swivel fob dog clip is reminiscent of the Georgian and Victorian Eras when both ladies and gentlemen would clasp their fobs, watches, charms and wax seals to a fob swivel that was attached to a short chain attached to a vest or waist coat, the swivel used to keep the chain from twisting so it would lie flat.
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry