With a nod to history, an ornate sterling silver watch fob chain necklace, very customizable, lovely to wear just as it is or from which to suspend your favorite wax seal charms.
Inspired by the well dressed gentlemen in history who would hang a pocket watch from their jacket or waistcoat, I’ve assembled a chain with pieces that I’ve reproduced from my personal antique collection.
The substantial oxidized sterling silver rolo chain closes with 2 dog clips, which swivel, to a large ring on the other end of the chain. From one of the dog clips a large T-bar watch key is suspended.
The dog clip opens by pushing the pivot near the base.
Wear it as is or personalize it by adding your own charms to the dog clip. It can be ordered with this serpent hook or you can add a serpent hook to a dog clip later.
- all fob chain components are sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - substantial oxidized rolo chain with 9 links per inch
- approximate rolo chain length - 16" (before all the added components)
- each dog clip measures - 7/8” x 1/4" (22mm x 7.5mm) - there are 2
- dog clip ring opening - approximately 3mm - 3.5mm
- serpent hook length - 1 1/4" (32mm), width - 1/2" (12mm)
- overall fob chain length - the section which suspends your neck - 17" without serpent hook or 18 1/4" when hooked with serpent hook
- T-bar watch key on chain links - length 1 1/4" and T-bar width 1 3/4"
- photographed with a US dime for scale
Made to be very customizable by you or we can talk and I can customize a chain just for you; different length, different serpent hook, shiny silver, no T-bar watch key, etc.
Impressed with history!
©2020 suegray jewelry