A seriously small bronze skull wax seal necklace pendant ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - 3/8” (10mm x 8mm)
- wax seal charm metal - bronze
- note that the 5th and 6th photos show the tiny skull in sterling silver, same size
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - select an antiqued brass rolo chain with a spring ring clasp or a satellite chain
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO MUST YOU BE.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!