A seriously small bronze skull wax seal necklace charm, likely the coolest handful yet with all the texture on the skull ... meaningful memento mori wax seal jewelry.
Please note, this is the charm only and chains are sold separately, links below.
The second photo depicts the oxidized sterling silver cable chain, the third photo shows the same chain but shiny and the fourth photo shows the antiqued brass rolo chain.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- approximate measurement - between 1/4" - 3/8” (10mm x 8mm)
- wax seal charm metal - bronze
- the jump ring is an oxidized sterling silver ring
- photographed with a US dime and inch ruler for scale
- this listing is for the tiny bronze skull charm only, chains sold separately
- find the sterling silver cable chain here, shiny or oxidized
- I do recommend the polish pad with any of the bronze jewelry as the color does turn quickly and can be easily restored with the polish pad.
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photograph, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates YOU ARE, I WAS, YOU WILL BE.
Find more chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Find more skull jewelry here.
Impressed with history!