Make a splash wearing a bronze verdigris patina mermaid wax seal necklace pendant, swimming with eloquence, enchantment and mystery.
"I must be a mermaid... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ Anais Nin
- description -
This lovely mermaid is holding her comb and mirror.
A mermaid is a mythical aquatic sea creature with the head and torso of a woman and the tail of a fish. Mermaid is a compound of the old English words MERE meaning sea and MAID meaning woman.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the mermaid symbolizes eloquence., enchantment and mystery.
Hand cast from an ornate antique silver fob wax seal, which dates to 1805 - 1815, pretty enough to include in the photo.
Then she is hand finished with a patina process that works its magic differently every time... the results are always a wonderful surprise!
And notice how pretty the backside is, too!
*Please note... each patina finish is different so will vary naturally, as shown in the photos.
The charm is well sealed but I would still recommend not getting it wet.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - bronze with patina
- patina charm is well sealed but I would still recommend not getting it wet
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as a current dime
- the listing is for one charm or necklace
- chain - an antiqued brass rolo chain with a lobster clasp (shown in the 4th - 6th photos)
- or an antiqued brass ball chain (shown in the first 2 photos) with a very tiny ball chain connector clasp... this may be challenging for some to clasp. (shown in the last photo)
- select the necklace chain style and length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!