Recalling that special place, that special time, with the Aquidneck Island wax seal keepsake necklace pendant.
- symbolism -
Aquidneck Island is the local name for an island whose official name was Rhode Island. It is the largest island in Narragansett Bay and is shared by the city of Newport, Middletown and Portsmouth.
"Aquidneck" is derived from the Narragansett name for the island, aquidnet and literally means “floating-mass-at.”
I have also read that Aquidneck is a native name for “Isle of Peace".
Hand cast from a wax seal designed by Alex from a vintage island map.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!