Hold court with a medieval courageous royal lion wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
The lion, wearing a crown, is holding a cross sceptre and a mound or globus cruciger, or a cross bearing orb... beautiful detail for a wax seal that dates back to medieval times!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lion represents dauntless courage, the crown symbolizes prestige and royal or seignioral authority. The cross sceptre symbolizes faith and the globus cruciger was a Christian symbol of authority used throughout the Middle Ages, and even today. It symbolizes Christ's dominion over the world.
Hand cast from a well aged, early 14th century medieval wax seal that was once part of a swivel seal, with a griffin on the back side, the wax seal a bit corroded after spending centuries in the ground before being unearthed, as shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 19mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!