Show your patriotic spirit with a beautiful stars and stripes wax seal necklace pendant! Happy 4th of July!
"The red and white and starry blue Is freedom's shield and hope." ~ John Philip Sousa (Stars and Stripes Forever)
- description -
An armorial shield with 3 five pointed stars over 3 stripes under an arrow in hand - very patriotic!
The stars and stripes crest is very similar to the family crest belonging to George Washington, his shield with 3 five pointed stars over 2 horizontal stripes (argent, two bars gules, above, three mullets gules), which is said to have inspired the American flag.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the mullet, or star symbolizes divine quality from above or the mark of the third son; the stripes represent a warrior or martyr and military strength; the hand represents a pledge of faith, sincerity, and justice; and the arrow symbolizes a readiness for battle.
Hand cast from an antique armorial desk wax seal that dates back to 1850, shown in the photograph.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x almost 3/4" (17mm x 18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!