Such is life ... celebrate it wearing a reversible ship and compass rose wax seal necklace ... accept the predictable, and unpredictable fortunes of existence.
"You cannot direct the wind but you can adjust the sails." ~ a German proverb
- description -
On one side is a small ship surrounded by the words SUCH IS LIFE and on the other side a compass rose... a beautiful 16 pointed star of the compass rose. Choose which side best fits your mood!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a ship symbolizes an ancient sea voyage and the compass rose symbolizes guidance, direction and protection.
Hand cast from a Victorian era trinket wheel wax seal (1837 - 1901) and the reverse impressed with an old compass wax seal.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!