A swimmingly delightful rare seahorse with his trident wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
The seahorse, or sea dragon, from the genus Hippocampus, is a truly unusual fish! It swims upright, with its horse like head, jointed armor body and curly prehensile tail... which it uses to hold onto seaweed and coral.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the seahorse symbolizes power of the water and the trident symbolizes maritime dominion.
Hand cast from a lovely Victorian ring (1837 - 1901), shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” x 5/8" (18mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!